Welcome to our 13th Workshop on Transforming Humiliation and Violent Conflict at Columbia University in New York City, December 8 - 9, 2016!
Morton Deutsch is the honorary convener of this workshop series since 2003.
If you wish to join us, send us a message to
A Very Warm Welcome
Annual Conference of Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies
Urban habitations have increasingly experienced threats and vulnerabilities to environmental disaster, in addition to unsustainable planning and development. City populations worldwide experience humiliation in a myriad of ways, ranging from systemic economic injustice to terrorism and warfare. This conference aims to create global partnerships for change and produce knowledge about the crucially important historical times we live in. Our challenge is to create a world in which people can enjoy a dignified life.
We want to express our special appreciation to Kjell Skyllstad, a longtime member of the HumanDHS Advisory Board, for his leadership in support of our 2016 HumanDHS Conference in Croatia. It will be arranged cooperatively at the Inter-University Center (ICU) in Dubrovnik with the support of the World Dignity University initiative, in collaboration with the University of Oslo, Norway, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway, and Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
If you would like to join us, please submit your introductory information (e.g., contact information, CV, or papers) to:
- Good News: 2016 Nobel Peace Prize Nomination!
- The Dangerous "Glory" of Killing: La Donna del Lago and Die Fledermaus
- Puccini’s Tosca, and the Journey toward Respect for Equal Dignity for All
- Alban Berg's Lulu, and the Journey from Humiliation to Dignity, from the “Machine Principle” to the “Life Principle”
- The Journey of Humiliation and Dignity, and the Significance of the Year 1757
- Reflections on Tannhäuser, Terrorism, Revolution, and Economism